Thank you for choosing Gainesville Family Physicians to deliver your patient-centered primary medical care. Gainesville Family Physicians obtained recognition as a Patient Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) in 2013. While Gainesville Family Physicians has always focused on patient-centered medical care, the recent certification of our Main office and our Tioga office, the NCQA formally acknowledges this. Our Millhopper office is currently seeking the same status.
What Is A Patient Centered Medical Home?
A Patient Centered Medical Home is called a “home” because we would like it to be the first place you think of for coordinating all of your medical needs. Similar to a home, our goal is to make it simple, comfortable and seamless for you to receive the medical care you need, in a way that works best for you. Our Providers and healthcare team would like to partner with you, the patient, to coordinate all aspects of your medical needs while simultaneously providing you the highest level of care and customer service as possible. You are our priority.
As Your Patient Centered Medical Home and Primary Care Provider, You Can Expect:
- Your Provider and Healthcare Team to learn about you, your history, your care preferences and your health goals.
- Your Provider to explain diseases, treatments and results in a way you can understand.
- To receive clear direction about treatments and medications.
- Us to listen to your questions and concerns to help you make informed decisions about your care.
- For your Provider and Healthcare Team to effectively communicate with you in a timely fashion about your healthcare.
- To be provided with updates on recommended alternative services, vaccines and healthcare screenings that will help you maintain a healthy lifestyle and prevent disease.
- Refer you to quality and trusted healthcare specialist(s) when needed and coordinate with your specialist(s) regarding your care.
- End each visit with clear instructions about expectations, treatments and future plans for care.
- Our Practice will be available to you during and after regular business hours for your healthcare needs.
As Our Patient, We Trust You to:
- Prepare for and keep scheduled appointments (or reschedule) as early as possible.
- Be an active, participating and full partner in your care.
- Call your Gainesville Family Physicians provider first with all problems, unless it is a medical emergency.
- Share your medical history, symptoms and medications taken so that we can make informed and quality decisions about your healthcare and the best treatment(s) that may be available to you.
- Let us know when you have seen another healthcare provider so that we may coordinate your healthcare.
- Learn about and understand your conditions and diagnoses.
- Make healthy decisions about your daily habits, lifestyle and health.
- Follow the plan you and your Provider agreed upon, including taking medications and following up as directed.
- End every visit with a clear understanding of your Provider’s expectations, treatment goals and future plans.
- Give us feedback to help us improve our care for you and exceed your expectations.
Establishing Gainesville Family Physicians as your Patient Centered Medical Home is a way for you to be involved in a coordinated way regarding your healthcare. Our Medical Home will bring you and your healthcare team together to make the best decisions regarding your health. You are the center of your Medical Health Home Team and we look forward to exceeding your expectations as your primary care, patient-centered medical home practice. Thank you for trusting us to serve this integral role in your healthcare.